30 July 2009

Hollis Hawthorne Update

OK...I failed to post here that Hollis Hawthorne, the burner woman who has been in a coma since February, had a major breakthrough last Tuesday and spoke. You can get all that amazing, wonderful and heartwarming information on the blog Help Holli Heal set up by her family here.

I'm sorry, I thought everybody heard! I mean, on July 28 @ 5:10 pm I tweeted the following:


I posted this to my Facebook wall and on Tribe, too. But in my excitement I cut and pasted the wrong URL. Above is the correct one. A reader of this blog pointed out that while the focus on Elias Sorokin is important, Hollis' triumphant story is getting buried and that they "needed a victory. Please make a blog post about this."

So here it is, dear reader! Thanks for your feedback and yes you're right. We really need a win right now.

FWIW, I visited with Hollis twice since she's been hospitalized. In June I posted to Tribe that "Her mother is with her 24-7. She sleeps in a bed next to Hollis and talks to her and cares for her constantly. It's beautiful to see her love and devotion for Hollis. It's a lot of work and she could use some encouragement and strength."

Now it looks like she could use a bit more than that. Deb Prothero on Tribe has posted: "Further news on [Hollis' blog] indicates a need to get Hollis to Tennessee so that her caregiving mother will be able to also be near the rest of her family. If anyone has contacts in the Tennessee health care community, now would be the time to speak up."

So go to the Help Holli Heal blog. Check out the updates. Help where you can. And don't forget to donate to her cause. Every penny helps.






0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

Back to TOP

Glamour Bomb Templates