24 July 2009

BURNcast.tv Home Videos: Devil Burn

A word from filmmaker Jason Siadek:

"The devil is trying to draft all of our souls to fight God and His angels, so I figured it's high time we got rid of that chronic asshole! I picked up a roll of chickenwire and some vano to papier mache him with incendiary entrails. Since the devil came from the bible, I used a bible for the skin. I brought a few dozen, but it only took one bible to make the life-sized demon and his 8 foot tall pitchfork. He lived all week on the playa, facing the Man with a mirror, and then we burned him on Friday night to clear the way for the weekend.

Construction Notes
Papier Mache on the playa is a moop management challenge, but it's a great activity for passersby that want to contribute a few strips to the project. By the time he was done, my friend DaPete, my buddy Scott, and a host of new friends had all relaxed in the morning shade to run their fingers through the gooey wonder of vano and water. I used different chapter pages for his various parts: "Deutronomy" and "Numbers" (the law) were his pitchfork. His head was "Kings". His chest was "The Bible" from the cover inset page. His penis was "Genesis" and his anus was "Exodus".

The incredible fire sculpture that he's leaning on for the burn was built by JD (the star of the "mOOnshOt" demolition). I cleaned the wreckage up after I shot the final scene. I don't know how you feel about the death penalty, but the devil was a fucker of a moop generator so he had to be destroyed, which ironically generated more moop.

My friend and ex-BRC pat Andrew kept the brazier burning with fresh pages from the two dozen bibles I brought so that anyone who wanted could throw a few pages on. There was no shortage of volunteers.

This project was a hoot to execute, but a challenging concept, and my friend Scott (the son of a pastor) wonders what Jesus would think about all of this. All I can say is that I hope Jesus is cool."

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

Back to TOP

Glamour Bomb Templates