10 July 2009

BURNcast.TV Home Video - Leather Corndog

Homeslice is a Burning Man crew from Los Angeles that have a special place in my heart. In 2002 I had the pleasure of calling their camp my slice of heaven on the playa and ever since then the people there have been part of my burner tribe. In this home video we focus on one particularly amazing piece of art called "Leather Corndog" where you can drum to your soul's content on a re-purposed junk-metal sculpture. Earplugs and leather gloves recommended for extended crushing. More from filmmaker Jason Siadek:

"Helping out with an art project lets you participate in something much bigger than you might ever pull off by yourself. Even if you don't consider yourself an artist, there are many projects that could use your $, your camera, or a minute of your muscles. A lot of my films are about other people's art, and I always hope that somehow I can contribute by sharing their art in perpetuity after the fact. Nothing really compares to being there, but it's certainly worth the time to reflect. I've been fortunate to find some great people in the Burning community that have amazing projects that took an army to produce.'

"Leather Corndog is a series of projects that Reverend Nairb and Egg took the lead on, and in 2002 their project was a giant mobile drum set, powered and moved by people. I'd love to cut this short even smaller, or make it more melodic, but hopefully you can get a sense of the symphony and the dissonance, the chaos, and the harmony of this wondrous monstrosity! It starts off with a glimpse of our camp, "Homeslice" before night falls and the Leather Corndog goes on the beat."

4 comments:

Luna-See said...

WOW! I remember that night like it was yesterday! Thanks for sharing...yet another fantastic reminder why I love BM and our incredible community *drink*!

DaBomb said...

Drink!

Lisa G. Browning said...

Music, creation, pARTicipation! I LOVE it :)

Unknown said...

Thanks for streaming my film, daBurnCast!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

Back to TOP

Glamour Bomb Templates