25 August 2009

Happy Tu-tu Tuesday! A Message From DaBomb

Happy tutu Tuesday! DaBomb here. Let's start by saying "community" and share a round of drinks (alcoholic or otherwise). Drink! :)

There's a couple of things I just want to touch base as we slide into Burning Man this year:

1) Diva Danielle wants to feature your playa events on our BURNcast Events Calendar vlog coming up this Thursday. We're not going to be covering local regional events at this time but instead focusing our efforts on playa events exclusively. So if you've got something going on and want it featured on our vlog, please post it to our Events form. Our deadline is tomorrow, Wednesday 26 August at 7:00 p.m.

2) I'm promoting The Flat Smiley Project for Burning Man 2009. The Flat Smiley Project is collaborative new media project and community building activity for Burning Man 2009 using Web 2.0 and social media tools. The project invites participants to send photos and videos of Flat Smiley's adventures in Black Rock City and regional burner events. It's like a postcard from the playa for many burners who are not able to attend the event this year due to the nation's prevailing economic downturn. You can get more info about the project at and even join his fan page on Facebook and share your images. It's my deepest wish that those who are going to be in attendance will get behind the Flat Smiley project and share the beauty of our fair city with others who can't make it.

3) Producing a daily new media blog about the art, culture and community of Black Rock City has been enormously satisfying for me but it's practically a full time job with lots of overtime. While I really love what I do here, I need to spend as much if not more effort looking for a real job with real pay. There are still a few audio recordings I want to put up for the audio podcast, I just got bogged down with stuff these past few weeks so it will have to wait. I fully intend to wrap up the audio podcast after producing them for the past 3 years straight but then after that, my focus will mainly be on curating user generated video for the video podcast.

4) As we get closer to the event, I'm feeling the need to scale things back a bit just to keep my sanity. Some personal issues have come up this summer including the serious illness of a family member. I also thought it might be good for me to get away from the computer occasionally so I've been assisting the folks at the Giant Cock Car and giving away much of my camping equipment to friends who are going this year. All this has been taking away from my focus on the blog this past week and it got me thinking that this might be a good time to start my hiatus. I'm planning on finishing out this week with a couple of videos and maybe point you to some greatest hits of BURNcast but mostly I'm just going to wait for you to come back from that thing is the desert and see what kind of stories you have to share here on BURNcast.

I hope everybody has a safe journey to Black Rock City and back again. I hope you're inspired to live fully and dream fantastically and love deeply whether at Burning Man or in your default life. As always, I appreciate comments left on our blog, reviews left in the iTunes store or wall posts on Facebook. And while I maybe stepping back just a little bit these next few weeks until everybody gets back from the playa, you can always keep in touch by following me on Twitter.

Love & Rockets,
DaBomb
775-363-5861



Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

Back to TOP

Glamour Bomb Templates