08 October 2007

SF Decom Recap

Disclaimer: I was dreaming when I wrote this, forgive me if it goes astray.

As some of you may have heard from my previous audio post from SF Decom, it was going off! If you're a virgin reading this, here's a primer: Decom's are the after parties of Burning Man and take place within local communities (drink!). I love'em! Lots of music, art, performance and freaks!

While I was there, I got an opportunity to speak to a lot of folks and heard a few rumors. And boy, wow. Some them just crack me up. But some of them make you go "Whoa!"

What's the goss, you ask?

Well...it's all unconfirmed of course...but I heard that BMorg does not intend to last another decade and that they are really looking to pass the torch to the regional network.

This is really no news as it was reported in that Business 2.0 article last July. But the question is: why? Why can't Burning Man as we know it continue in perpetuity?

Aaahhh...well...there's the secret, dear BURNcast readers. There's the secret!

Shhhush! Zip it!

Let me start by saying, a friend of Bill W's once told me this important tenet in AA: you're as sick as your secrets. Emphasis on the word "sick".

But far be it from me to tell tales, especially those that don't have a happy ending. As some of you may know, it was at SF Decom last year that I learned that my father had terminal cancer and two weeks later he had passed from this existence. So stories of the kind I heard are to be taken seriously and with respect.

I will say this (cue sound): Dust in the wind. All we are is playa dust in the wind.

So enjoy it while it lasts. And remember: I was dreamin' when I wrote this, so sue me if I go 2 fast. But life is just a party and parties weren't meant 2 last.

Neither, for that matter, is Burning Man.

Love & Rockets,
DaBomb


0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

Back to TOP

Glamour Bomb Templates