27 October 2007

The Burning Question (Parts 1 and 2).

I've been doing BURNcast for three seasons now. As some of you may know, it all started when Chai Guy and I took the advice of some friends who said "Be the change you want to see" with regards to how the media covers Burning Man.

Speaking for myself (and not for Chai), I find it utterly fascinating as to how the event is portrayed in both mainstream media and social media. I've seen examples that IMHO are really terrible. I've seen others that have been absolutely sublime. But I have to say that the following videos below are my absolute favorites thus far. There's no gratuitous T and A (OK...some nudity, but done with taste), no hedonism, no fire, no blowing shit up, no nothing that would capture an audience attention and generate ratings or click-throughs. Yet, to me, it's deep, powerful and meaningful. It's an aspect of Burning Man culture I really enjoy and that is reflecting on the mystery of life and having a few good answers and some absolutely ridiculous ones as well. It reminds me of the saying I was told when I was a teenager: "Life is mysterious. Don't take it so serious!"

I hope you enjoy the following videos as much as I did. Thanks, Shananda, for this work.


The Burning Question - Part 1





The Burning Question - Part 2


0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

Back to TOP

Glamour Bomb Templates