11 November 2007

"Burner: Tales from the Playa" - The Aftermath

Just thought that I would give you all a post-game report on "Burner: Tales from the Playa", which I performed on Thursday.

I'm very happy and grateful to all of you who came out to see "Burner" at Heist. I hope you enjoyed the show and our little get together afterward as well.

In case you are wondering, I think that the show went very well, considering that it was the first time ever presented. I wish that I had had a little less stress right before the show. As of 7:20 (the show was scheduled to start at 7:30), I had NO AUDIO coming out of the computer. Of course, Turo, Chris, Nadia and Quinn came to the rescue. What I would have done without you guys, I don't know.

Some of the people who saw the show gave me notes. If you have thoughts about how it went, let me know. I'm sure that this won't be the last time that I do "Burner", so your suggestions would be quite helpful.

Jason (owner of The Bank Heist) said, "You know, I didn't know what to expect. And I'm the kind of guy who, if I didn't like it, I would have been polite. But, I've got to tell you that I thought the the show was awesome. Really." Also, Ken Jordan and Chris Cox of The Crystal Method thought the show was great as well. Ken said that "we are going to put something together to involve you". Yeah, I don't know what that means either. It may be North Hollywood, but it's still Hollywood, and one thing I do remember about my show biz days is that you have to take stuff like that with a grain of salt until somebody signs something.

Still, chances are very good that "Burner" will return to the Heist, most likely in conjunction with "NoHo Massive". The biggest determining factor is whether we can draw an audience which is not comprised of mostly my friends. Would you like to help this happen? If you feel so inclined, you can send an email to Jason and/or Kat Johnson (managing partner, also saw and loved the show)...

jfeld@thebankheist.com
kjohnson@thebankheist.com

...telling them your feelings about the evening and, more importantly, that you have people who wanted to see the show, but couldn't make it or other folks that would enjoy it as much as you did. Please copy me, so that I can use your comments in future communications promoting the show, if that's okay with you.

"Burner" is a work in progress and will only get better as we go along.

I was wonderful to see all of your shining faces out there in the audience. I had a blast. Hope you did too.

Dusty Kisses,

OhTony

tony@ohtony.com
"Put your pants on!"




0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

Back to TOP

Glamour Bomb Templates