27 September 2007

Through the Eyes of Burners

Hey there, everyone! Katherine the Great here. I'm one of the new burncasters with an upcoming episode this season.

From my gal Bronwen:
"For a couple of years now I've been pondering how to answer the question "What is Burning Man?" The answers can depend on the day, your mood, how much coffee you've had... My favorite way to explain it is like a return to childhood: you get up in the morning, pick your costume for the day, jump on your bike, ride over to a friend's place, jump on their trampoline, eat some candy or share lunch, then ride off into the back yard to play for the rest of the day (or night).

In July we were over at a friend's place and someone mentioned a book they'd heard about containing people's deepest secrets. The author had collected postcards from these people with their secrets, which he then published. Well, I would like to do something very similar to find out what Burning Man means to the people who have been (and those who live it year-round and make it what it is). I had 1,000 post cards printed before Burning Man but I didn't give out very many because I was too shy! I would love for this project to take off and have people share their thoughts, experiences, art, photographs etc for a coffee table book. One of the objectives of the book is to explain what Burning Man is to the people who go and through those shared experiences answer the question "What is Burning Man?" Another is to give a multi-point perspective on the event and dispel a lot of the media myths that get us inundated with "frat boys".

In order to make this work, I need your help! Please share your stories with me and spread the word about this project to your friends. I have many of these post cards and would love the opportunity to mail you one for yourself or many to share with people you know. Without you guys sharing your stories, this cannot be a success so I thank you all in advance for your involvement. You can keep track of the project here: www.tteob.blogspot.com. "

So how's about it?! PARTICIPATE!

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

Back to TOP

Glamour Bomb Templates