07 June 2011

Kickstarter: "Unusual Perspectives" ~ a burning man film by paynie #)'(



Burner and Los Angeles filmmaker Paynie is heading up a new documentary. His last film, "Burn Baby Burn" was pretty epic. This one has the potential to be just as awesome with your help.

Paynie writes:

The clip above is a camera test. I love how it turned out.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I know, there's been loads of films about Burning Man, so good, some bad, some painful. Trust me, I know, having made one myself a few years ago. So why shoot another?

Good question ..... and I'm glad you've asked.

Pretty much nothing at Burning Man is "normal," so why make a "normal" film? "Unusual Perspectives" will be anything but normal." At no point will the camera be placed on a tripod and someone asked "what Burning Man means to them."

There will be no "History of Burning Man" or "What the DPW really does" moments. The camera will fly on kites and helicopters. It will skydive and burn. It will be under that art car and in that cocktail.

I need to purchase some crash cams, GoPro's and r/c helicopters, 360° cameras, r/c trucks, hovercraft (seriously) and gliders .... and some hard drives .... etc.

11 years ago I shot "Burn Baby Burn" and it's about time I shot something new. I've also included a couple other links showing other work I've done recently.

Burning Man is about "art" and "community" .... this will all come through in the film .... with and "unusual perspective" and more.

Please, please, please ... even if you can't donate right now, hit the "Share" button on Facebook, or post this link wherever you think it will help.

Wanna know what Burning Man really looks like? Then I guess you'll want to see this film.

paynie

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

Back to TOP

Glamour Bomb Templates