08 April 2008

We have become content!



Scott Beale from Laughing Squid recently posted this video of BMorg's Michael Michael using a nifty new Flip Video just like the one I've got! BTW...you can hear Michael Micheal in one of the first interviews BURNcast did along with Larry Harvey and Maid Marian here.

As frustrating as this statement from Michael Michael is, the thing is it's true. With the value of entertainment being reduced to "reality programming" Queen Art is being subjugated by the mighty King Content.

Fuck it. I give up.

What's worse: I am unable to attend Burning Man this year. The effects of the writers strike and the threat of a possible actors strike in June has forced me to admit that I can't afford to buy the ticket and take the ride this year.

Boo!

So, now I'm putting a shout out to all Burners to help me launch BURNcast.TV!

Send me your user generated videos because I don't want to miss a thing. And if you've got content... I mean videos... leading up to this year's event like projects you're working on, regionals you've been to, wiki's and how to make a fur coat, send'em in. I do have some rules that I'll probably make up as I go along. Just make sure your submissions pertain to the art, culture and community of Burning Man.

Drink!





2 comments:

M2 said...

In the future, everything will be free...
except your attention.

DaBomb said...

Hey, M2. Thanks for commenting. I just read a post in ReadWriteWeb (see current BURNcast post here) that says content is becoming a commodity. Doh!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

Back to TOP

Glamour Bomb Templates