01 August 2011

Giving In To Astonishment: Scenes From Burning Man's American Dream by Michael Garfield



The following audio essay as read by author Michael Garfield is from his adventures to Burning Man 2008.  He writes:

Wandering the streets of Burning Man this summer, my contemplation of sacred geography and comparative mythology lead me to explore the relationship between the outer and inner worlds, death and rebirth, synchronicity, symbolism, and ritual...


This is the author-read audio of my essay/trip report from my virgin burn in 2008 and the two weeks I spent vagabonding in San Francisco afterward. The original essay in written form can be found online here.


In the spirit of Burning Man's gift economy, I highly encourage you to share this with your friends, mix it into DJ sets, whatever. And if you have any questions, don't hesitate to get ahold of me; my contact information, as well as links to plenty of free music and artwork, can be found here:


Enjoy!


(Just like the experience itself, the scenes as listed are not in chronological order. I have, however, given their original chronology in roman numerals for those who want to reconstruct a some semblance of linearity.)

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

Back to TOP

Glamour Bomb Templates